• TONMOCON VII Announced | MBL at Woods Hole | Apr 6-8, 2018
  • Thanks for visiting! TONMO is the world's greatest online cephalopod enthusiast community, with interactive content going back to May of 2000, and a biennial conference. If you'd like to join in on the fun, become a TONMO member -- it's easy and free. You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Greetings from down under :)

Ozzeh

Larval Mass
Registered
Hi everyone.

Im from australia and i have been keeping and breeding Euprymna Tasmanica (Southern Dumpling Squid). They are very suitable for aquariums and quite small so suitable for more smaller tanks. They are nocturnal however mine are just as active throughout the day, (mostly because they always want some food from me ;) ) I also have kept a few occys (including the blue ring) however i dont keep the blue rings anymore as they are just to dangerous to have around (even if you are experienced and know what you are doing accidents do sadly happen).

Anyway i look forward to getting to know the rest of you and sharing ideas etc. Heres some photos of mine.

Hunting :)

Mom laying eggs on rock:

bigGdelta

Vampyroteuthis
Supporter
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

monty

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Supporter
:welcome: And I'm sure many of us would love to hear the details of keeping these! Great pix!

marinebio_guy

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Welcome.:smile:

I've had E. tasmanica before and was able to breed them they are great ceph's for the home aquarium,and easier to breed than E. scalopes which is found around Hawaii. I'll actually be down your way in June and might pick up a few.

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
Welcome aboard, Ozzeh!

Ozzeh

Larval Mass
Registered
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome :)

marinebio_guy, i think eggs would probably be the best to take back with you (to the states i assume?) perhaps even the younger ones, im not sure how the older ones would travel that long on a plane?

Members online

No members online now.