Greetings and salutations

Pennyworth

Wonderpus
Registered
Hi all,

I'm an Australian expat who now lives in NYC, and can't wait to get an octopus and start looking after it.

I recently bought a 56 gallon tank and stand that was on sale, which I hope will be adequate. I understand some species can do fine in a 50 gallon tank.

I've never operated any sort of aquarium before, so I know that I have a lot to learn, and I'm looking forward to the learning experience and becoming a part of this community.

:cuttlehi:JingoFresh!

We have several other new members just starting out and rather than trying to repeat some of the thoughts, I will direct you to a few specific threads:
All the stickies (highlighted with yellow) in our Tank Talk forum
Pyrosnowman's tank talk thread contains a recent discussion on tank considerations:
caudill187's octopus care thread Contains a list and a brief description of commonly kept animals
Sticky in Octopus Care that discusses tankmates

For a feel on keeping an octopus, read through some of the journals. There is a sticky at the top of the forum with a sortable table that lists and links our octopuses journaled this year (there is also a combined post for prior years). Please consider journaling both your tank build out and your octo keeping experiences.

Last edited:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back