Greetings and salutations

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Pennyworth, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Pennyworth

Pennyworth Wonderpus Registered

Hi all,

I'm an Australian expat who now lives in NYC, and can't wait to get an octopus and start looking after it.

I recently bought a 56 gallon tank and stand that was on sale, which I hope will be adequate. I understand some species can do fine in a 50 gallon tank.

I've never operated any sort of aquarium before, so I know that I have a lot to learn, and I'm looking forward to the learning experience and becoming a part of this community.

2. tonmo

tonmo Titanites Staff Member Webmaster Moderator

Welcome to TONMO, JingoFresh! Have you started cycling your tank, or is still in the box? :smile:

3. DWhatley

DWhatley Cthulhu Staff Member Moderator

:cuttlehi:JingoFresh!

We have several other new members just starting out and rather than trying to repeat some of the thoughts, I will direct you to a few specific threads:
    All the stickies (highlighted with yellow) in our Tank Talk forum
    Pyrosnowman's tank talk thread contains a recent discussion on tank considerations:
    caudill187's octopus care thread Contains a list and a brief description of commonly kept animals
    Sticky in Octopus Care that discusses tankmates

For a feel on keeping an octopus, read through some of the journals. There is a sticky at the top of the forum with a sortable table that lists and links our octopuses journaled this year (there is also a combined post for prior years). Please consider journaling both your tank build out and your octo keeping experiences.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  4. gjbarord

gjbarord Sepia elegans Staff Member Moderator

Welcome!!

Greg

5. Pennyworth

Pennyworth Wonderpus Registered

Hi all, thanks :)

My tank and stand are out of the box....but not setup. No water or anything inside just yet.

DWhatley, a lot of good links, thanks!