• TONMOCON VII Announced | MBL at Woods Hole | Apr 6-8, 2018
  • Thanks for visiting! TONMO is the world's greatest online cephalopod enthusiast community, with interactive content going back to May of 2000, and a biennial conference. If you'd like to join in on the fun, become a TONMO member -- it's easy and free. You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Graduate work with Nautilus

TyShelley89

Larval Mass
Registered
Hello-
I am currently an undergrad at Northeastern University and am studying Environmental Science [marine concentration]. I am hoping to work on coral reef conservation but want to do my specific grad work working with nautilus. I am wondering if anyone knows of any good schools that have professors working with these creatures or if anyone knows of any research institutes working with them?

Thanks you!:nautilus:

OB

Colossal Squid
Staff member
:welcome: and hello! Try and PM Robyn on this one, she will probably be quite able to send you in the right direction.

SepiaInc

Larval Mass
Registered
If you're still interested you can look up Jennifer Basil at CUNY (City University of New York) Brooklyn. She does behavioral conditioning of Nautilus.

DWhatley

Cthulhu
Staff member
As OB mentions Dr. Robyn should be a great source to help you get started but I know it can be a little intimidating to navigate the site initially so I am providing a link to contact information to our NautiGirl (sorry Robyn, I've been wanting to use that term for awhile and could not pass up the opportunitiy :sagrin:)

Members online

No members online now.