Got my octo from Octopets... sweet | The Octopus News Magazine Online
  • Thanks for visiting! TONMO is the world's greatest online cephalopod enthusiast community, with interactive content going back to May of 2000, and a biennial conference. If you'd like to join in on the fun, become a TONMO member -- it's easy and free. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Got my octo from Octopets... sweet

a rabid squid

GPO
Supporter
ok i got my octo yesterday from octopets and i think he doing ok exept for the fact that hes not eating. i think my food is too big. its ok ill just find some smaller food.

joefish84

Sepia elegans
Registered
it might take a day or two for him to eat dont force the situation just let him be he will eat when he gets hungry

erich orser

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
Congratulations on your new octo Rabid Squid!

i got crabs

GPO
Registered
mine didnt eat for the first couple of days at first but then he came around. at first i fed him things smaller then him. now he eats crabs that are bigger than he is. i take the claws off if there bigger just to er on the side of caution. dont worry he'll come around. and congrats on a new octo.

i got crabs

GPO
Registered
hmmm that might be a little too big. especially if hes a baby. you could try a turbo snail, or maybe some blue legs..hermit crabs that is. anyway best o luck.

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Yes, small hermit crabs would be good and your LFS probably stocks them. You could also try a small piece of frozen shrimp, thawed of course.

Nancy

a rabid squid

GPO
Supporter
it sounds messed up but im ripping limbs off the hermit crab and the octopus goes for those.
ps. i need a good name

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Have a look at the Journals and Photos forum, the thread at the top called List of Our Octopuses - you'll find names of present and past octos and maybe that will inspire you!

Nancy

a rabid squid

GPO
Supporter
bimac
i think the smaller ones with bigger eggs. (theres confusion between bimaculoides and bimaculodes or however you spell it)

Members online

No members online now.

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV: Terri
TONMOCON V: Jean
TONMOCON VI: Taollan
TONMOCON VII: ekocak

About the Monty Awards