Got my new cuttle at last!!!

Panzz

Blue Ring
Registered
hi everyone!!!
got my new cuttle at last and hope this time nothing will happen to it and it already has a good start it is already feeding!!!
and I have a question wonder if cuttle can be kept in a refugium?
Thx!!! :grin:

Panzz

Blue Ring
Registered
ha ha not to worry my cuttle is the smaller species of cuttle Sepia bandensis, and the max size is 5 cm so I guess it should be able to live in a refugium?
and by the way will cuttle are full the will not eat even if the food is right infront of them right?

cthulhu77

Titanites
Supporter
I have never kept cuttlefish (new house soon...hehe...bigger tanks...cuttles? oh yeah ) but the octos I have had sometimes would kill a prey item but not consume it when they are full...most of the time, they just ignore them.

Panzz

Blue Ring
Registered
nope it doesn't yet ha ha but I do have a question my cuttle isn't eating yet is it cos it is too full? It had already eaten two shrimp when it arrive and it is not a very big cuttle about 1.5-2 inches and by the way the max size for my cuttle is not 5cm srry bout that

Colin

Colossal Squid
Supporter
I think the mantle size maximum is about 5cm but its bigger when you add on the rest of the body ;)

Cuttles do seem to eat more than octopuses, best bet is to add little and often and split up the feedings, so maybe try 1 shrimp am and 1 pm? then see... Once it settles in it wont be shy about letting you know its hungry!

Panzz

Blue Ring
Registered
ok thx my cuttle has eaten at last at night and we have decided to name them (I have 2 cuttle actually) the bigger one Inky and the smaller one Fufu (I know the names may seem funny but that is the name I decided to give them and I got one photo of Fufu and one of inky behind it.

Attachments

clownfish

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Panzz said:
hi everyone!!!
got my new cuttle at last and hope this time nothing will happen to it and it already has a good start it is already feeding!!!
and I have a question wonder if cuttle can be kept in a refugium?
Thx!!! :grin:
now way at least 55 gallon tank if not more

Members online

No members online now.