• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Got my book!

twiggyb

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
I'm new to these forums and put a intro in the appropriate spot, but just wanted to say that I just received my book from amazon, Cephalopods Octopuses and Cuttlefishes For The Home Aquarium, which I understand was put together from the fine people at this web site:mrgreen: I've started it but didn't get too far as I had dinner with my fam tonight, but there is always the slow time at work! If everything goes as planned I am hoping to get a bigger aquarium and then I will convert my 65g reef to a octo tank. We'll see what the future holds! Glad to have finally joined these forums for preperation in venturing down the cephalopod road to happiness (hopefully)

i'm glad you like the book that Colin and I wrote. We really aimed it towards answering the many questions that new ceph keepers have, plus some addional useful background information. It's amazing how many people I've heard from who read the book from cover to cover, and enjoyed all of it. The people at TFH provided an excellent index, so it's easy to use as a reference book.

One caution for those of us here in the US - bimacs are no longer widely available like they were in the years before pubication of our book. We're hoping they'll be on sale again some time - someone just needs to raise some hatchlings from eggs.

Looking forward to reading about your future octopus tank!

Nancy

Nancy,

Your book had me so hooked on bimacs. Then I started looking and couldn't find any available online. lol. Its ok though I really enjoyed reading about them. I use the book daily for information.

Nancy I have been meaning to pm you about the book... it is truly excellent. I ordered it from Amazon just a couple of days before I joined TONMO without realising the connection. It answered many questions for me and I followed the advice in the introduction and got The New Marine Aquarium to help learn about saltwater aquariums in general.

Thank you and Colin so much for taking the time to write it. The pictures are also very helpful!

While the book has y'all's immediate attention, one of the novelties was Nancy's and Colin's insistence on not using stock photos. There are photo credits in the back of the book and you should be able to identify some of the photographers :sagrin: by now.

Half way through it and I love it so far! Gets me all tingly inside planning future tanks:heee: Still working on finding a bigger tank to fit my budget for my reef inhabitants right now so I can convert the 65g.

Well finished the book today during work and I loved it. I'm sure I'll go through it when I have a day off since I'm constantly having to start and stop reading it. I'm looking forward to getting one, I'm just having trouble finding a bigger tank that my wallet can afford. Anyone in these forums in the STL area of Missouri?

Hi everyone,
Glad you are all finding the book to be a good read.

Now you have read it all the way though, hopefully you will be able to go back to chapters as you need them and progress along to having a cephy friend in your aquarium!

Best wishes
Colin

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back