• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Going to have Babies!!!!

superwaterguy52;80683 said:
How did you manage to get your bimac to lay eggs? I heard it was really hard to breed them in captivity.

The hard(est) part isn't the breeding or egg-laying, it's raising the hatchlings to adults, unfortunately.

superwaterguy52;80683 said:
How did you manage to get your bimac to lay eggs? I heard it was really hard to breed them in captivity.

Most of the time they come in already gravid if you get a older female:wink:

Babies

I am 7 years old and live in Indiana. My mother has been reading to me about the babies you have on the way. We have been studying the Ocean in my classroom and since my mom has kept an octopus before she is going to set up an aquarium for one in our classroom.

I am still learning about them but I think I would separate the babies in order to keep more of them alive. Good Luck. Can you post pictures of the eggs and babies?:vampyromo

Dumb Question?

About your babies, (my daughter listed the earlier post) This may sound like an incredibly dumb question, but how did she become pregnant? What I mean is did you get her when she already had fertalized eggs? Do they carry the fertalized eggs for a while before they release them? Or did you intentionally place her with a male in order for them to reproduce? I am totally curious and wishing you the best of luck.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back