Glass cephalopods in Pittsburgh

Exhibition Archives Winter/Spring 2009

Forum 62: Maria Grazia Rosin
March 21–June 28,2009
Forum Gallery

For Forum 62, Italian artist Maria Grazia Rosin has created “a seductive sensory machine”—an immersive installation of 20 illuminated glass chandeliers suspended within a total environment including sound and video components. The chandeliers, inspired by the forms of marine and microscopic creatures, allow Rosin to explore her multifaceted interest in science, from biology to physics. The exhibition is one of a series of Rosin’s installations titled Gelatine Lux (literally, “gelatinous light”), in which the artist creates ambiguous worlds, part cosmic, part aquatic, that envelop and disorient the viewer and raise questions about the beginning of creation.

Major support for Forum 62: Maria Grazia Rosin is provided by The Fellows and The Associates of Carnegie Museum of Art. General support for the museum’s exhibition program is provided by The Heinz Endowments, the Pennsylvania Council on the Arts, and Allegheny Regional Asset District.

I went to this exhibit, and it was terrible... I was trying to be open minded, but it was in a tiny room, the lighting was really dark and there was some horrendous music playing that was supposed to make it seem like you were in the ocean. I spent about 5 minutes before sprinting out of there. Luckily I decided to go to Phipps Conseratory where another glass artist had an exhibit. Oh, and Maria Grazia Rosin is not a glass artist, she just told some glass artists her vision and they created it for her. On the plus side, the glass blowers were given credit.

Attachments

• conv_294346.jpg
    conv_294346.jpg
    730.5 KB · Views: 67
  • conv_294347.jpg
    conv_294347.jpg
    937.9 KB · Views: 116
  • conv_294348.jpg
    conv_294348.jpg
    961.3 KB · Views: 62
  • conv_294349.jpg
    conv_294349.jpg
    840.4 KB · Views: 79

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back