Giant Squid?????

jm

Hatchling
Registered
Can anybody help me identify this squid?

It was found beached in Queen charlotte's island

download.php

Hmmmmm. What a find; I hope you placed it in the back of your van and raced to the nearest cool store/freezer! I'd give you US$5000 for that!! It looks like an absolute stunner.

I don't know the location at all, but it's got that Moroteuthis robusta look to it.

Oh goodness, that is awesome! Thankyou for posting the image.

Did you measure the squid? Any idea of length? Surely this is Moroteuthis (Jean, where are you?)

Queen Charlotte's Island is also a good source of ammonites. Where did you hide the shell? :wink:

Thank you very much for all the information about the squid.
Phil, The lenght was between 5-6 feet, we didn't mesure it!!!

The picture was actually taken by Kathy Johnson

Thank you !

This website ROCKS!!!!!!

You guys will probably ban me from your website!

I didn't know squidlysquat about squids before trying to identify the one on our picture.

To be honest, the tide was coming up quickly and we were 10km away from the exit of the beach. North beach is well know for swallowing cars, so we left it with mother nature...

jm said:
You guys will probably ban me from your website!

I didn't know squidlysquat about squids before trying to identify the one on our picture.

Most of us get here with very little knowledge and a bit of curiosity, just like you.

To be honest, the tide was coming up quickly and we were 10km away from the exit of the beach. North beach is well know for swallowing cars, so we left it with mother nature...

:shock: Sounds like the tide tables are a necessity near you. Octomush, does the tide affect your access to your cove?

Melissa

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back