Giant Squid and Other Cephalopod Commercials

gjbarord

Sepia elegans
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
I am not sure if there was a post about this but I am in Canada and saw this commercial.

The commercial was for bud light and a giant squid was in the water and a guy went into the water and started punching it in its eye, presumably because he had bud light help. At the end they are all eating calimari. Kind of a funny commercial and I had not seen it in the USA.

I was not able to find it anywhere online.

Greg

Your are sure it was for a beer commercial? Neal reported something similar for Jameson Whiskey commercial but I could not find it on line either (I found a couple of blog references and their latest commercial but not the one with the squid/octo).

Never mind - it is different, I found the Jameson ad on YouTube

While (of perhaps whilst) I was looking for the Jameson/Bud ads I came across squid
commercials.

I told Neal that I think people who don't like octopuses relate them to Alien. He did not see the connection but Anheuser Busch did

This one's an octo but what a great pic

Beko: Octopus : Amazing Ads : Sanjeev.NETwork

It won an award for advertising from what I can determine (Turkish ad I think). I could not find any more on the advertisement but it has to do with making more room in the frig :confused:

Attachments

• conv_294863.jpg
    conv_294863.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 160
That commercial totally exists. It's for Bud Light and they end up using the giant "squid" (looks more like an octopus with one eye) as calamari...kind of sad actually. The squid just wanted to join the party:party:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back