• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Giant pacific octopus

Dwight

Blue Ring
Registered
just for fun, what is the proper size tank for a giant pacific octopus? It is a dream animal I've always wanted, I definitely don't have the money or the space for one.

The Giant Pacific Octopus really need a huge tank to accommodate its size when folly grown. I've seen then in tanks 500-800 gallons, and larger.

Nancy

I have a 300g 8' tank and feel it would be to small because its only 24"deep x30" tall. I have thought about a home made tank that would be 8'x8'x3' which would be 1600g only because you never know if your going to have one that stays somewhat small or one that's very big. I would do something like this but the cost of power to chill it would be crazy. Keeping the water under 50 in FL would be very hard

That is a good idea to go diy style, I was thinking as a future project to purchase a 500 gallon aquarium ro house a gpo, there's one dilemma though, where would you even get one. It seems to be Impossible to find.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back