'Giant' egg masses (spheres) again

Steve O'Shea;81357 said:
Heavens, it's been more than three years since we posted on this thread .... my how time flys!

I was just forwarded this link - great if you can speak Norwegian, but the pick on page 4 says it all. Nice stuff!

I'll try and attach a few of the images that have since been lost (over time) through this thread. You can see the New Zealand squid egg masses at the following link.
Yeah, great old thread! Thanks for the link. I searched for quite a while for a translator for this but no luck.

'The picture below is of a 'ball' that is a half-meter in diameter. The underwater photographer could touch the ball and squeeze it, but it returned to its normal form. There was a rod-like (?) material that stretched from side to side in the ball, and there were some noticeable ?bulges [the things around the outside maybe?] around it. It was hollow inside, jellyfish-like, but much thinner than a jellyfish (felt like it was less than 1cm thick). Anyone got an idea? Torleiv Braategard would like to know!'

Brought to you with a little help from flaggermus :wink:

Interesting! Thanks for that.

The "rod" thing is that uneven reddish-looking stick-thing in the center of the sphere, stretching from top to bottom. Do any ideas exist on what that is?

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back