• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Getting rid of nitrates

The releasing of the spores is what you want to avoid, and its difficult to predict more than a few hours in advance.

This is why I use chaeto and not caulerpa.

Dan

I've never had it happen to me, but I suppose once they're released you can desperately try to change the water or filter them out before they decompose, create an ammonia spike, and kill the more fragile things in the system.

If you are looking for anything reef related, check and see if there is a reef club or saltwater club in your area. Things like macros grow like mad, and people always have extra.

Is this macro algae anything I could go and harvest from the bay nearby? I am currently on the Maine coastline of the Atlantic. There are a couple of researchers and an aquarium club at our school (which I am currently at), but it's hard to get a hold of people over the summer.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back