G'day from Gumbaynggir

Dreadom

Hatchling
Registered
G'day folks, I have had marine tanks for the last three years, been a diver my whole life in fact my first memory was snorkeling at Clovelly with my dad just before my 3rd birthday. I love diving and interacting with cephalopods they have always been my favourite sea creature. I have always wanted to keep one, but stuck with fish an dcoral. Then by chance last Friday night walking my dog I met some kids who had just caught a very small Gloomy and were deciding which was the best way to hook it to use as live bait. I suggested a better option was to give it to me and offered them $5. So I came home and turned my basically empty quarantine tank into my new Octopus enclosure.

I had looked at this sight previously but mostly look at MASA, but as of Friday I had a reason to join. Thanks to all those who have posted I have already learnt a great deal.

D

Cheers folks, yes just down the road from Haggs, at Nambucca Heads. I have taken a couple pics and will try and set up a journal. So far he seems pretty happy, he comes out of his rock to watch me watch him- already playing hide and seek with me. I was concerned about feeding him, although everything seems ok- he has decimated the tanks clean up crew of snails and I have caught a few crabs which I have released into the tank- so far no evidence has found them yet, I will collect some more tomorrow and try to hand feed him.

Hi, and welcome to the site!
What a heartwarming story - you saved an octopus.
We're looking forward to your journal and photos of your new octo.

Nancy

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back