• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Frozen food

tywtly

GPO
Registered
After thinking about it for a while, I think I've decided that live food is too expensive, so I think I'm gonna do frozen food when/if I get an octo. I'm still saving money for a tank, and it's looking like it's gonna be a while before I get an octo tank. But anyway, I need to know if there are any websites where I can buy frozen food for octos. BTW, I'm planning on supplementing the diet with live food (either shrimp or crabs, whichever seems to be its favorite) once/twice a week.

If you want to try frozen.....you don't need a website. I just go to my local grocery stores seafood deli. I get around 5 large frozen shrimp for around 60 cents. My octopus eats about half a shrimp a day. So 60 cents for around 2 weeks food is pretty inexpensive I'd say.

I don't have to worry about if it's been treatd with unsafe things? Wait...it would be food quality... Thanks! You just saved me a lot of trouble. BTW, I was planning on feeding a little live food, just not as the basic diet, more as a supplement.

No. it's not your fault. I suck at abreviations. I always go through like 1000 things it could mean, then worry about which one it is.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back