• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Frozen Food for a New Baby Octo

jkprules

Cuttlefish
Registered
Hey everyone. I just added a baby octopus (Blooper 2) to my tank on Tuesday that I got from Marine Depot Live? Mantle is maybe the size of a pinto bean. He's doing great so far, having eaten a couple small snails and hermit crabs. I've read you can get them to eat frozen mysis shrimp sometimes and I was hoping someone would have some advice on how to do this. Any recommendations?

I would continue to offer what you know he is eating, meaning the snails and hermits and you can try to supplement with some frozen mysiis, but I find it's best when they are new and babies to stick with what works, meaning the live food for now. As they grow some accept frozen and some do not. Biddle, my current octopus does not care whether it's live or frozen as long as it's food, but then he's been with me now for 8 months and as a baby ate small snails and hermits and tiny crabs, live.

And :welcome:to Blooper! Love the name!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back