FREE Octopus to good home!

Discussion in 'Octopus Care' started by Ocho, Aug 17, 2006.

1. Ocho

Ocho Cuttlefish Registered

I was accidently sent two octopus by mistake! I had ordered a baby bimac from Marine Depot Live. The first package arrived on Tuesday and was not a bimac and not a baby either! Then today I get another package and it was a baby bimac. I called them and they said it was a mistake but I could keep them both. I can't care for this octo now because I only have one 50g tank for my bimac. I have pictures of him and I will post them as soon as I get a chance. His arms are about 4" long with a 1.5" mantle. He is not a bimac, and he is dark to light brown and sort of rough looking but he can also change to like a brown/green and yellow pattern. I have looked at a lot of pictures online but I have not found any of him yet. When I post the pictures maybe someone can ID him.

Please understand that I would rather give him away here then give him to the LFS so someone can buy him and put him in their community tank! I live in Los Angeles and would prefer someone who I can give him to in person but I would be willing to ship him too. My mine concern is just the well being of this amazing animal. I will give him away for FREE so respond soon if interested!

2. oceanbound

oceanbound O. bimaculoides Registered

i'm interested. but you would have to ship hi to me. is there any indication of how old it is? post those pics!

3. enjetek

enjetek Pygmy Octopus Registered

4. jc45

jc45 GPO Registered

I wish I could have that octo, but I don't have the resources right now. I hope anyone who wants this octo has read the ceph care articles so they know what they need to give it a good home!:smile:

An id would be good also, because it could grow up to be a larger species that may need a large tank.

Joey

5. Ocho

Ocho Cuttlefish Registered

PICTURES!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Fini

Fini Wonderpus Supporter

I'd love to take her from you, but I too am not prepared for such an endevor. I hope you find her a great home.

7. Nancy

Nancy Titanites Staff Member Moderator

Have you had any takers yet? This looks like a wonderful opportunity for the right person.

Nancy

8. enjetek

enjetek Pygmy Octopus Registered

i never got an email. found a taker yet? i am near the hollywood area.

9. Taollan

Taollan Vampyroteuthis Supporter

I may be interested if you would be interested in shipping the octo to Washington. I am at a university doing research on octos, so I am set up perfectly to keep them already. How can I get ahold of you?

10. binaryterror

binaryterror GPO Registered

I wish I saw this before I bought my Bimac like 2 days ago!

11. Brock Fluharty

Brock Fluharty Haliphron Atlanticus Registered

I would be interested, if you would be willing to ship to the east coast.