Fossil Hunting Trip

Annotated photo showing the things I recognize, and a few I don't. :smile:

For those not spelled out:
CC- Crinoid columnal
CH- Crinoid holdfast?
TH- Trilobite head piece
TP- Trilobite part

Many other bits and pieces, probably broken shells, trilobite parts and crinoid and other echinoid parts.

Attachments

• conv_297306.jpg
    conv_297306.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 106
dwhatley;166402 said:
Terri, If Kevin keep it up (:sly:) I'll be ready for you to host my first fossil hunting weekend by Spring (once your weather is warm) :biggrin2:

Well, I really think a fossil tonmocon would be a blast! If it would be possible for us to get to Utah that would be so cool, it would be worth it for the scenery alone, Maybe we could even camp out, other than getting there, fossil hunting is much cheaper than what you guys do on the "other side". Someday you and I could meet for a weekend though, that would be fun too.

I am afraid of that. After the obsession, then I have to come up with something to DO with the fossils. What I would love is a stone fireplace ... perhaps a sad but nonresusable use but a fantastic visual. Fortunately, we have already rocked the one in the den but I need to repair the one in the hot tub area so who knows what will happen.

That V-shaped thing is interesting. It reminds me of some trilobite hypostomes (if it's a thin flat thing) though the front end doesn't look right. How much depth does it have?

Someday you and I could meet for a weekend though, that would be fun too

This is up for serious consideration when the weather changes to warm. I mentioned the idea to Neal (don't know if he would like to come along or not) and keep mulling over taking a trip your way. Hopefully I will learn a little through reading and researching on these threads to know that I am looking a a fossil :biggrin2: by then.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back