• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

food tank q's............

serty

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
I have an extra 5 gallon tank that im not using.Can i use it as a food tank?
Could i put the baby clams in there from octo pets?And maybe some crabs from the ocean to?Any help would be appreciated.If i cant use it as a food tank what could i use it for?Thanks

It's small, but you could use it for a food tank. Do you have any filtration or pump? Otherwise you'll have to do water changes.

Just FYI, I've found it convenient to keep crabs in a low round bowl that the pet stores sell (I think it was eight or nine dollars) because it's easy to pick up (it's a one-piece glass bowl) and easy to change the water.

Nancy

Id maybe add a few rocks and stuff for the crabs to hide in as they (well mine did) fight a lot sometimes

definitely I will, I might be going to the beach today to collect some food for my octo(maybe even find an octo!).Do i need a substrate?I will definitely add rocks...........thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back