Food Network Horror Show

Burstsovenergy24 said:
Unfortunatly, its also, HIGHLY poisonous. Oh well. :|

Only until they reach a certain age are they highly poisonous. Your typical senescent sea badger is little more toxic than a bean burrito from Taco Bell. As long as you consume less than half a kilogram every 48 hours, you should go on living. Though you may not want to after consuming that much sea badger (or bean burrito). :yuck:

finally watched the tape of the double octo battles..... i was surprised sakai was so squeamish about handling live ones.... i think they were kept live for two reasons, freshness and to add a bit of difficulty... if you never cleaned an octo, it can be a challenge if you dont have the right tools... actually, even with a good knife it can be a fight... if i had to guess id say it was vulgaris for kobe, vulgaris and gpo for sakai.... sakai didnt go for the gpo but the challenger (kandegawa i think) did give it a whirl.... i'm a little annoyed... they played them out of chronological order, so the commentators spoiled the ending of the next episode.... the shouldve thrown chen's octo battle in and made a night of it.....

in one broadcast on sat, (2nd half of 21st cent battles) morimoto used some previously dead octo in a stew with japanese lobsters...

Tonite's IC was supposed to be dried cuttlefish, but it turns out to be live squid... still watching but sakai already got bit by one of them :thumbsup: .... once again sakai was squeamish about handling the life cephs... i didnt see any of them ink when pulled out of the tank, but several sprayed water all over the place....

I believe one of the octopus battles is coming on now on food network....sunday, 7pm est.... if im not mistakes its the first of at least 2 where sakai is squeamish about handling live cephs.....

Caught the tail end of it last night...yeah, this is the one where he loses to the challenger because of his lack of octo experience...

been scouring the tv listings to find out when the real iron chef is being shown (not this iron chef america rubbish) and found out that at 4am on sept 19th they'll show a squid battle... i guess i'll have to dvr it....

aori squid hmmm.... anyone know about this creature?

i wouldn't eat octos,squid, or any other type of seafood for a 100 million tax free dollars. i just have a complete respect for ocean animals. i also don't eat bird or pork.

I'd prolly eat Octo for $50-100+ dollars, depending on how it was cooked. Would never eat it live like those crazy Koreans on TV. It's too mean. They should find a way to painlessly kill them. Maybe add a chemical to the water or something that could kill them peacefully and not hurt humans. Prolly would only eat it once or twice though, even if I liked it.

Iron Chef is to food as runway fashion is to clothes. Both are so incredibly hyperbolic that it make me angry. Food is not art, it is craft, but becomes nothing but waste in this show. I think is probably safer for the oceans to buy a mimic or blue ring that it is to support that show by watching it. Don't get me wrong, I'll eat just about anything, but I'm not going to make a worldwide spectacle of it just to be the most ostentatious chef on the planet.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back