• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Food for the first 1 1/2 months

Almondsaz;149804 said:
corpusse: I just checked out reed and have a question for you. They don't come in the bottle pictured do they? The ones I get from Sachs are in a relatively large bag....not a bottle.

No they don't come in a bottle, nor do they actually come from reed. They come from labs in florida. They have 2 suppliers. Both package fantastic. Actually when I was cleaning up 3 days after the box arrived I noticed the heat pack was still hot!

I also have been preferring Reed's mysids. After 3 orders of 250, there were no casualities upon arrival and ammonia content was just under 1ppm. My 20g long mysid tank typically runs ammo at around 2 - 3 ppm and they are doing fine. I feed at least 2x per day.

I witnessed 2 -3 day old cuttles eat tiggerpods. Right now my 4 are about 6 or 7 weeks old and still eating live mysids, but primarily live large amphipods I collected in tidepools near my home. They have also taken PE Mysis, but as mentioned, it is helpful if they move around slightly. I had good luck sticking the PE Mysis tail first into the substrate where they will sway a little in the current. Another methode I have had success with - spear a PE mysid with monofiliment line and wiggle it near a cuttlefish. It will take it.
I have also fed very small live crabs and they seem to like these as well.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back