• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

food for the cuttle

rbrthh

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
So I'm trying to think of what other food i can feed my cuttlefish besides the crab i collect from the shore. He seemed to really like them at first but after a solid month of them he has seemed to lose intrest.He still eats the crab but not with the same, shall i say, excitement as before. I'm just woundering what types of food have worked for you in the past and what to stay clear of. Thank you in advance.

PS. my cuttle is a adult dwarf cuttlefish. My salt content is at 1.023, PH of 8.3, nitrate of around 0.0, water temp of 76.5 to 78.0 F or 24 to 26 C, and amonia of between 0.25 and 0.50. just incase any of that helps

Your ammonia should be closer to 0. I would do a big water change ASAP.

How often have you been feeding it? If you feed too often sometimes they lose interest. I would start by getting the ammonia down, waiting a day and then try feeding again.

(Same cuttlefish) she just laid a huge batch of eggs recently, and i think 2 crabs have disappeared since then. Maybe her "pregnancy" affected her eating patterns?

oh, and i havent checked in the past couple days, but im 90% sure we got the ammonia back down

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back