Flavor of Tako (+ pics!)

Here's a thought....Several of my octopuses came to me missing limbs and then turned out they had fertile eggs. Could these injuries be from an encounter with a male octopus????

Carol

Roctopus said:
Mucktopus, my girl aked how I know it's a female and I realized I couldn't tell her! What gives it away? Any source for an updated taxonomy of abdopus?

Jean, I will definitely go bigger than fifty gallons (not including the sump). I have a couple to pick from that are running right now, matured, and never been subjected to copper.

Thank you all for your input!

Clark
Glad about that!!

You can really only sex a mature animal. Immature males and females will look the same, a maturing or mature male will have a modified arm (or arms) called the hectocotylus. Don't know what form it taked in this species tho'!

J

See my new thread in Octopus Care titled EGGS!!! for a big update on Tako. Kinda glad I didn't spend thousands on a new tank for a one inch octo!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back