Flash & Lil Pumpkin | The Octopus News Magazine Online
  • Thanks for visiting! TONMO is the world's greatest online cephalopod enthusiast community, with interactive content going back to May of 2000, and a biennial conference. If you'd like to join in on the fun, become a TONMO member -- it's easy and free. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Flash & Lil Pumpkin

corw314

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Has there ever been any studies on the effect of the flash of a camera and an octopuses eyes? I had a thought. Since we really haven't noticed other octopuses eyes going white, could Ink's condition be from the flash? I try not to use it directly in their faces, but you can see even Ink with her eye condition flinch when I use the flash and I have noticed Little Pumpkin see's the camera coming and I could swear he covers his eyes with his arms when I try to take a second shot. I am thinking maybe I need to invest in a bright light that I could use to illuminate when I want to take a shot, but sometimes, the shot I am after comes and goes so fast, there's not enough time to set something like that up.

Anyway, I have 1 new shot of Lil Pumpkin taken with my new Canon Elph S400! So far I am pleased with the results!

I'm interested to hear what everyone else thinks on the flash and their octopus!

Carol

corw314

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Yea!!!! I think I could deffinately become attached!!!!

Totally amazing the capabilites of this tiny little thing!!! Even the video is not bad!!! I tried to get Lil P to put his arm out at me when I was tapping the glass, which is does all the time, but of course when there's a camera waiting, he totally ignored me!!!

Carol

Jean

Colossal Squid
Supporter
Re: Flash & Lil Pumpkin

corw314 said:
I'm interested to hear what everyone else thinks on the flash and their octopus!

Carol
It's possible Carol. Most Octis are after all bottom livers.........and the flash hurts my eyes!

J

joel_ang

Architeuthis
Registered
I think it does hurt them since they would have no prior notice as to when its going to happen and maybe it might be too bright. Looking forward to a video :) :wink:

dbbga

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Now that is a sweet picture!!!!!!!!!!!! They are just so lovable :) Great camera you got there. cant wait to see the video :P

Members online

No members online now.

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV: Terri
TONMOCON V: Jean
TONMOCON VI: Taollan
TONMOCON VII: ekocak

About the Monty Awards