Flamboyant cuttlefish aggression or mating

Tomh

GPO
Registered
Reaction score
Hi I was supposed to get 2 cuttlefish but one was back ordered. I received the second one a week later but I am seeing some odd behavior towards the new one. I had 2 of them about a year ago that were fine together for almost a year but I put them in together. Here is a video of behavior. Is this aggression? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
Reaction score
Hi Tom, can you try uploading that again? It seems it's a .mov file but it downloads as an .mp4... I can't get it to render correctly :-/

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
Reaction score
I'm not sure what the problem is; I can't seem to get it to work. I have confirmed I can upload .MOV files myself. I'm sorry for the troubles on this -- I'd really like to see!

Tomh

GPO
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks lets try again
...looks like mating to me, FWIW. Great capture!
Really that would be great. If so the large one is the female that I just introduced right? Wouldn’t they be a little small for mating since males get to be 3 inches and the females grow to 5? Thanks for your help. Tom

Attachments

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
Reaction score
I'll yield to resident experts, like @Thales, but 3 and 5 respectively do seem large; I imagine they do mate at smaller sizes... I'm not sure that interaction was long enough to deliver the goods, but maybe... I don't have enough direct experience observing this to confirm, but we do have those folks in the community.