First Post - Hi from Arizona

Almondsaz

Wonderpus
Registered
Wanted to do this right. Just signed up to join the Tonmo forum, so wanted to introduce myself. My name is David (Almondsaz) and I have been in reef aquaria for several years. I have always loved caring for leopard wrasses and have decided that I wanted to focus on perhaps Sepia Brandesis breeding. My current system is the typical reef, the tank is 6 feet long and has about 110# of live rock and mostly soft coral but there are a few "bad actors" that have to go before the cuttles could be released into the DT. I have 2 neon pink bubble tip anemone's and 1 green bubble tip and also have a small colony of galaxia. I have to re-read the info about dendro's, but if they are a concern I will move them down to the sump and put them in the fuge. I have found 4 eggs from a friend that owns a local pet shop who has a friend coming from LA today or tomorrow with the eggs - I am so excited. I have been reading and reading, so I have the breeder net set up in the fuge and I have 400 amphipods waiting to be devoured. Also, I have a pretty healthy population of mysid shrimp in the fuge as well. I am going to see my success with hatching and raising the young cuttles before I make the big switch over.

I look forward to continuing to learn and read about this extraordinary creature and how best to care for them and provide an environment in which they can thrive.

I hope to learn a lot and to contribute my experiences! :smile:

:welcome: Almondsaz! You're in good company amongst fellow Arizonians, here. Sounds like you have a more than adequate set-up and experience, so I for one will be quite looking forward to hearing about your experiences. I am also sure that the more experienced bandensis keepers will jump in on this thread to help you out in case of additional info needed. Enjoy!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back