First pic's of my baby cuttle

dutchcourage

GPO
Registered
Heres some pics that i tried to take through the net breeder they didnt come out to well but you can see him.This is one of cuttlegirl's babys from Baby A hatched from the eggs she sent me.Im sure cuttlegirl has been waiting to see her grandkids pictures :lol:

He freaked out pretty bad when i pulled the macro algae out of the net breeder and went all white jetting.I didnt want to stress him out so i got a couple pics and put it back in he is a little bigger then a inch now

Thanks for the first peek - we've been following cuttlegirl's bandensis for some time now, and it's rewarding to see the babies.

Hope you plan to take more lots more photos as they grow!

Nancy

He has been out of the net breeder for about a week but is very shy he has grown a lot.I wish he was a little more social he turns white when i approach the tank and hides :sad:.

Attachments

• conv_290139.jpg
    conv_290139.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 136
  • conv_290140.jpg
    conv_290140.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 120
Are you using a flash? My cuttles don't like the flash, and used to swim away if they saw the camera. Then I stopped using the flash and they calmed down. Mine didn't get too social until they were bigger. Thanks for the pictures of the baby though - nice to see the next generation.

Yes i did you a flash but i havent taken many pictures of him.I will try without a flash next time.Maybe he just thinks i am hunting him he doesnt associate me with his food cuse i leave several live shrimp so he never is hungry.If you have any suggestions on how i can be more social with hime plz post :smile:

dutchcourage;87151 said:
Yes i did you a flash but i havent taken many pictures of him.I will try without a flash next time.Maybe he just thinks i am hunting him he doesnt associate me with his food cuse i leave several live shrimp so he never is hungry.If you have any suggestions on how i can be more social with hime plz post :smile:
Let him be hungry, then he will come searching for you... mine are begging me for food every morning. Then I usually get a little play time in before I dump in some shrimp. If they see the little green net I use to catch the shrimp, they follow it.

Half a day... you don't want the little guy to go too hungry! :biggrin2: It also depends, I was feeding my 2-3X a day at that age, so just skip one feeding or let him/her eat all the shrimp and then wait a little bit.

Latest Pics he still is hiding a lot just got back from vegas was scared to leave the little guy so i loaded plenty of shrimp in the tank was gone 4 days he was fine when i got home :biggrin2:

Attachments

• conv_290290.jpg
    conv_290290.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 121
  • conv_290291.jpg
    conv_290291.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 111
Ahhhh......Some day I will have to try cuttles....And I too think he is associating you with that annoying blinding white light, so would definitely not flash any more.

Thanks for sharing all the pictures, it makes me think of my and my husband's cuttlefish (may Chubbs and Checkers rest in peace). Your pics make me hope we'll have another round some day.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back