• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

First Cuttle Tips?!

CuttleMama17

Hatchling
Registered
I've had a slight cuttlefish obsession since I don't know when and am planning on ordering 3 eggs soon within the next few weeks. I've been doing my fair share of research and I will probably use brine shrimp and ghost shrimp as food. I could really use a couple tips if anybody has any. Thanks!
-Lexi

Hi Lexi,

Welcome! Please do a little more research before purchasing your eggs. Brine shrimp are a bad (terrible) food choice. What type of tank do you have? How long has it been set up? Mysids are the preferred food of hatchlings, and salt water shrimp once they grow a bit. Make sure you have a live food source in place once you get the eggs, since you will not know when they will hatch and you don't want to wait for a shipment of live food.

I understand the cuttlefish obsession!

They're gonna start off in my 14g biocube til they get bigger then they'll go into a 40g. I've had my both for a good couple years now and I didn't want to put them in the 40g to start because I want to keep an eye on them.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back