• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

First batch of eggs laid, help needed please

Hi All !

One of my six Cuttles started laying eggs yesterday. (took the female about 2 hours to lay 38 eggs) The male kept hanging around, and blew water over the eggs whilst the female was laying them. Very interesting to watch the female attach the eggs, first the egg is held in her tentacles, she then pushes it against the rock and then releases some gelatinous drops next to the eggs. (this probably attaches the eggs) Managed to video this, but file too big to upload.

Should I place an airstone close to the eggs ?

Can you PLEASE try to upload to YouTube and then place the share link here (which will embed it for local play). You can make YouTube videos semi-private (only viewed if you have the link but anyone with the link can view) if you want to limit viewing but still share. Vimeo is also a popular upload site that has extended size allowances. I am not sure of the sizing and I have posted enough on YouTube to qualify for extra length but I don't recall the max for initial posters.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back