• TONMOCON VII Announced | MBL at Woods Hole | Apr 6-8, 2018
  • Thanks for visiting! TONMO is the world's greatest online cephalopod enthusiast community, with interactive content going back to May of 2000, and a biennial conference. If you'd like to join in on the fun, become a TONMO member -- it's easy and free. You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more cephy goodness.

First batch of eggs laid, help needed please

CUTTLE-ADVENTURE

Blue Ring
Registered
Hi All !

One of my six Cuttles started laying eggs yesterday. (took the female about 2 hours to lay 38 eggs) The male kept hanging around, and blew water over the eggs whilst the female was laying them. Very interesting to watch the female attach the eggs, first the egg is held in her tentacles, she then pushes it against the rock and then releases some gelatinous drops next to the eggs. (this probably attaches the eggs) Managed to video this, but file too big to upload.

Should I place an airstone close to the eggs ?

DWhatley

Cthulhu
Staff member
Can you PLEASE try to upload to YouTube and then place the share link here (which will embed it for local play). You can make YouTube videos semi-private (only viewed if you have the link but anyone with the link can view) if you want to limit viewing but still share. Vimeo is also a popular upload site that has extended size allowances. I am not sure of the sizing and I have posted enough on YouTube to qualify for extra length but I don't recall the max for initial posters.

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
By end of year I should have a true videos upload solution, so you can do it on site.

Members online