• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

First baby pictures

delosa

O. vulgaris
Registered
I would like to announce the arrival of Sabastian. These are the first pictures I took of him as he was getting adjusted to his new water.

I don't know what kind he is but the company I got him from said he was from Indo Pacific. Does anyone have an ideas?

He is pretty active. He even inked me twice trying to get him into the aquarium for the first time. I hope he learns to like me....

Attachments

• conv_302993.jpg
    conv_302993.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 60
  • conv_302994.jpg
    conv_302994.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 59
First thought that comes to mind is Aculeatus - they are abundant in the tides of Indonesia....but it's hard to tell with the splish splash of the bucket. When you get him acclimated, try to take more photos and I bet a lot of people will have something to say!
Also, cute name! :welcome:

Hi and welcome to you and Sabastian!
I've already added him to the List of Our Octopuses at the top of the Journals and Photos Forum.

Nancy

One more question

Thanks everyone for the wonderful welcome. Sabastian is still doing well. He hides most of the time. He also spends a lot of time glued to the sides of the aquarium which surprised me. I'm trying hard to stay away from the aquarium and let him get used to his new home.

One question. I've been keeping the tank at room temp which is about 73 degrees. Is this okay?

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back