Finding Nemo 2?

Re: Pixar

krin said:
For instance: in Toy Story, there is a single mother with two kids, no visible father - a big no-no in the Disney world.

What about Dumbo or Bambi? both single mothers there....

NO TO A FINDING NEMO 2!!!!!

I am for one strongly against a "Finding Nemo" sequel...... Reasons being the first show caused a Marine Hobby Explosion in where I come from Singapore..... Perhaps we here are not mature enough as hobbyists or perhaps the enterprising LFS owners and potential LFS owners are trying to cash in on the Nemo craze.....

What happened was that freshwater LFS were converting themselves to marine setups....

Mini starter kits of tanks with less than 2 gallons were sold with marine salt, a bottle or trace elements, gravel and light to unsuspecting potential customers

Customers were told "Its very easy to setup marine tank... now with modern technology, just put in marine salt and water..... very easy one...."

Children were encouraged to pester and bug their parents to buy them that cute clown fish called Nemo.... YES LFS actually advertised clowns as Nemos.....

Result??? Heavy mortality in fish stocks as owners didnt know how to care for the marine setup....

Children get bored of Nemo after a while and fish dies when neglected....

Waters in regional areas are depleted of livestock as demand surges... and methods such as cyanide poisoning is suspected to yield high supply of marine livestock....

Therefore Im for one heavily opposed to a Finding Nemo part 2

I think that's sad, but funny. That's almost as bad, in terms of ludicrousness, as if Bambi had led to an increase in deer hunting. I love how people can totally miss the point like that.

Re: NO TO A FINDING NEMO 2!!!!!

centuryegg said:
I am for one strongly against a "Finding Nemo" sequel...... Reasons being the first show caused a Marine Hobby Explosion in where I come from Singapore..... Perhaps we here are not mature enough as hobbyists or perhaps the enterprising LFS owners and potential LFS owners are trying to cash in on the Nemo craze.....

What happened was that freshwater LFS were converting themselves to marine setups....

Mini starter kits of tanks with less than 2 gallons were sold with marine salt, a bottle or trace elements, gravel and light to unsuspecting potential customers

Customers were told "Its very easy to setup marine tank... now with modern technology, just put in marine salt and water..... very easy one...."

Children were encouraged to pester and bug their parents to buy them that cute clown fish called Nemo.... YES LFS actually advertised clowns as Nemos.....

Result??? Heavy mortality in fish stocks as owners didnt know how to care for the marine setup....

Children get bored of Nemo after a while and fish dies when neglected....

Waters in regional areas are depleted of livestock as demand surges... and methods such as cyanide poisoning is suspected to yield high supply of marine livestock....

Therefore Im for one heavily opposed to a Finding Nemo part 2

I agree completly. The result of Finding Nemo was horrible. :frown:

I Want my finding nemo 2!

I think it comes down to the kids and the parents really, after all they are mainly the ones who boosted the sales. I personally loved the first one, and yes, I did contribute to the magnificent and record breaking DVD sales, partly due to the great interactive games the DVD had and the very funny and family oriented movie. Also another contributing factor was my love for oceanography in broad perspective, I think a sequel would be great for everyone, adults and children alike. I am 100% positive that we are bout the only ones speaking of finding nemo 2 in a bbs. :biggrin2:
I think we deserve a sequel!:P

Perhaps a sequel wont be a bad idea if a strong message can be incorporated in the show that Marine tanks are just for anybody and unless one can care for them properly, some things are best left in the wild..... Otherwise.... I dread to see what a Nemo part 2 would bring...

[UPDATE]:
Hi all, I was reading a uk magazine just today (forgot the title already, heh), and in one article it said since steve jobs canceled out disney, he has since been looking elsewhere for others to work in collaboration with his company, Pixar to shoot Finding Nemo 2, in fact he said that others are looking for his company, since it HAS gorwn to be one of the best cg companies around. Thought I should come here and give you the inside scoop. Its funny, cause yet again you search for finding nemo 2 and we top google and yahoo, probably others too. 8)
We REALLY are the no.1 place to look for ANYTHING ceph-related. Better yet, now were no.1 to search for anything "Finding Nemo 2" related, hehe. :wink: :biggrin2: :heee: :P

Could we have sea badgers in the show this time :mrgreen: ?

I tried searching for "finding nemo 2" on both yahoo and google, not a word of our site in sight :?

Getting back to one of the original questions :biggrin2: I liked Pearl the octi (of course :roll: ) and the .............. seagulls!!!!! That chorus of "mine. mine, mine" just cracked me up! So like real seagull behaviour!

J

joel_ang said:
Since when did octos with fins live in reefs? She was cute when she inked and showed off her shorter arm.

Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiine........... :smile:
True true but she was sooooo cute! I have a MacDonalds toy of her on my computer as we speak (type?) & I didn't even have to eat Mac's to get her!

and she's all miiiiiine miiiine miiiine!

J

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back