• TONMOCON VII Announced | MBL at Woods Hole | Apr 6-8, 2018
  • Thanks for visiting! TONMO is the world's greatest online cephalopod enthusiast community, with interactive content going back to May of 2000, and a biennial conference. If you'd like to join in on the fun, become a TONMO member -- it's easy and free. You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Finding an octopus dealer.

clownfish

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
I've been having alot of trouble finding an octopus. Ive looked at the octopus availability post and havent found anything. the only place that looks like a good place to buy from is marine depot but I recal some one saying that they were out of stock .does anyone have an idea ware I can get an octopus. :hmm:

Illithid

Vampyroteuthis
Supporter
tampabaysaltwater.com says on their website that they can get vulgaris and "dwarf" reef octos.

Good Luck

clownfish

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
I emailed them a few weeks ago and then before that a few months ago and they dont have any octopus in stock

Armstrong

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
clownfish said:
I emailed them a few weeks ago and then before that a few months ago and they dont have any octopus in stock
Usually they don't have them in stock, but they can catch one for you if you place an order. At least thats what I got emailed to me when I asked...just place an order 2 weeks prior to wanting it.

91lxstang

GPO
Registered
dwarfs arent in season until winter... i talked to tampabaysalwater.com a few days ago when i tried to buy one and they have none

Armstrong

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
91lxstang said:
dwarfs arent in season until winter... i talked to tampabaysalwater.com a few days ago when i tried to buy one and they have none
TampaBay doesn't just sell Dwarf. They sell Vulgaris as well for 88 bucks, box-included...I was guessing clownfish would have wanted Vulgaris instead.

Armstrong

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
91lxstang said:
i tried the vulgaris from them too and they said they have no species at all right now
True, but you can still order and they can catch one for you.

I emailed them about it a few weeks ago. Although they don't have any in stock, if you order it 2 weeks prior to actually "wanting" it...it would give them enough time to get one for you. At least this is what he told me...I'll paste it:

ME: Thank you, i will be ordering in about a month or so. Would that be alright?

-ARION

RICHARD: need 2 weeks notice to get him.

ME: Ok, so i'll fill out an order form 2 weeks prior to wanting one? I could do that. It will be right around when summer begins. Would you be able to get any Vulgaris at least 1 ft. arm span during that time or larger? Anything would be fine.

Thanks

-ARION

RICHARD: yes!

So there ya go. The email I sent asking for him to catch one...or able to, I deleted a while ago to my mistake. I was about to paste it though if it were still there. Anyways, like I stated above, im probably ordering right when summer begins...around June 20th.

Armstrong

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
91lxstang said:
no i wasnt saying u were wrong i was just saying that i was told different :)
Oh, ok...but I was just letting you know possibilities. When did they tell you this...or who told you?

I think Richard is the head of TampaBaySaltwater, so I hope whatever he told me was correct.

clownfish

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Marien depot is out of stock :sad: I checked a few weeks ago. I have found a local diver down in California who is picking a wild caught bimic for me.:smile:

Members online

No members online now.