"Find the ceph in this photo" game

Find the baby O. briareus

Hopefully this will be harder than some of my others because the camera did not "see" the subject much better than I did :biggrin2:. Octpuses can be hard to find in an aquarium, young ones almost impossible if they are not out in the open so I amazed myself when I found our new guy today. Depending on intrests and guesses, I have a couple of hint photos I can add before giving the answer :sagrin:

This should give it away. I thought I had one not quite so obvious :oops: The match to the polyps is what I have not seen before.

Attachments

• conv_298755.jpg
    conv_298755.jpg
    9.5 MB · Views: 291
  • conv_298766.jpg
    conv_298766.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 329
:roflmao: Oh, there is one there alright and is the target of the focus but even when I expose it you might have difficulty seeing it because of its disguise but two arms and the eye are decenable and the mantle visible. I have not seen an octopus disguise itself quite this way. I will say that this first photo is likely to be impossible and will post one with the area isolated tomorrow. However, I had to search the whole tank to spot it. ... name definitely needed. I won't know sex for months and the "it" sounds too cold.

Obscure Octavia

I have been trying to take a photo for this thread of Octavia because it is so often difficult for me to locate her quickly just to realize she is sitting in the open. This one is not terribly difficult (hint: Clicking on the photo once will enlarge it, using Firefox/Chrome you can click on the enlarged image to see a medium sized picture)

Answer is posted here in Octavia's thread

Attachments

• conv_299909.jpg
    conv_299909.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 216
The link below the picture is to a picture taken a few seconds later. Blowing that one up will show you where she is. What have really been impressed with with this one is the way she marbles her coloring to match the urchin cleaning across the rocks and how well her peach coloration matches the mushroom. As this species ages (at least with the males, the two females laid eggs and died before they were as old as my males) the lose the strong patterning ability. I really want to catch her on either video or time lapse when she changes from one substrate to another but she notices my attention (or the camera even though I don't use a flash) and just goes kind of plain.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back