• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Finaly got my Live Rrock

Spence24;107546 said:
Ahhh... I'm sorry tony, I thought you meant the rock. Yes actually that was an aquarium stand made for a 60 long. It is meant to hold a lot more than I have loaded. It is heavy wood.
Good to know -- makes sense!

After seeing the wonderful effects of Thales red wall in photographing, I've been thinking that it would be an advantage to be able to change background colors.
So not having a permanent background would enable this.

Nancy

Where do you get your film... the fish store only carries some rather tacky looking. You know like aquatic scenes blahh. I hate those, home depot maybe?

This is what I use: http://www.kwikshade.com/
You can buy it by the yard. It is a little pricey but it stays on even with salt and odd shaped tanks and can be washed in warm water if you have to peek behind it too many times (and get salt behind it as well as stretching it a bit) and it will return to its just purchased condition (it does not rip and the heat from the water will remove any stretching). If one layer is not dark enough, doubling it works, still without any needed attachment adhesive. No color choice though.

You can also get a lot of backing from tapplastic.com. From film to something more robust. I just use some tape on the rim of the back of the tank to hold it up.

Thales,
Thanks for the site. Plastic for projects is always difficult to find when you need it. I noticed they also have a colored static cling film that should work similarly to what I use but they don't give thicknesses or pricing on-line.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back