Finally got Rupert

philc21

Cuttlefish
Registered
finally got my first octo. ive been plannin it for a while. hes still so small but is already getting to know me and come out when i come in the room

philc21

Cuttlefish
Registered
nah i didnt get him from octopets. i was going to but i talked to my boss (i work at the lfs) and he got a tank bred bimac for me for around the same price octopets sells them for. plus i didnt havta pay shipping :)

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
I'm adding Rupert to the List of Our Octopuses (top of the Journals and Photos forum)!

I suspect that Rupert does come from Octopets but took the long way round to get to you.

Nice pics, too.

Nancy

philc21

Cuttlefish
Registered
thats actually a random polyp rock my dad wanted out of his reef cuz it wasnt opening so i traded him a coral from my other tank and put that in here still hasnt opened tho i figure i want sumthing with color in there so im putting some polyps and mushrooms

joefish84

Sepia elegans
Registered
yeah ive got a few blue mushrooms in my octo tank they multiply and grow better in there and then i move them to the reeftank

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
What sort of light do you over your octo tank? I have burgundy mushrooms in my little invertebrate tank and have been thinking of trying one in the larger tank.

Nancy

philc21

Cuttlefish
Registered
i have a single strip of 2 - 36 watt power compact i bought it a long time ago from a friend he said it was corallife but it def isnt that so idk wut company it is

tjohnson

Wonderpus
Registered
Oh and I am also certain Nancy is right about him originally coming from Octopets, since they supply every other online company, who sells Bimacs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikestahl1

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak

About the Monty Awards