• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Finally Got One!!

Hmmm, that's interesting. Ollie loved to be gently rubbed between and above her eyes - she seemed to expcect it after every play session.

Nancy

is it ok to feed him freshwater fiddler crabs?? cause ifed him one tonight cause my freind says has fed his puffers them.... soon as i put it in the tank he came runnin and gobbled it up! so im happy hes eating!!

Fiddler crabs are live in either brackish or salt water... the LFS will tell you they can live in freshwater and they will even display them in freshwater, but their natural habitat will either be brackish or salt water. So, they should be fine for you new ceph. friend.

thats good to know because i work at fish store and i wasnt sure.... i knew they awer brackish but i didnt know they were salt too..... now im happy i wont have to spend a ton feeding him!!

he/she becomming very active and is starting to be curious of objects in the tank and small bottles i have put to float on top... he/she still moves slowly towards new things

i found another octo for sale near my house thats a vulgaris but the thing is he is missing a leg. They said that he/she chewed its own leg of in shipping tha and that it is a common thing for octos to do when they are stressed? is this true? they also said that it would grow back but not fully. is this true?

they dont get over it as "they will keep chewing legs off" or they dont get ove it as " the leg will not heal properly or wont at all" ?

also, how big do bimaculatus grow to be? mine is about the the size of where ur wrist starts to the tip of my middle finger when his legs are all the way out from one leg tip to another leg tip.. so from one leg to another legs end is about 6 inches... so his legs are are about 2-3 inches long... is he still young or no?

i picked up that vulgaris i was talking about because none of him arms were missing, the people that told me that were just dumb. hes acclimating right now but he doesnt look very good... hes not moving and his legs are basically limp... but he is breathing and changing colors...

.... when i was doing the drip acclimation, i looked up at my tank and noticed little 1/8-1/4 inch long white slug looking things moving around on the glass that had NEVER been therebefore.... i also noticed thousands of little tiny tiny whitish clear critters on the glass also.... i wasnt sure if my octo would be safe in the tank with these things? what should i do?

the small tiny critters are so small i cant tell what shape they are but the slug things are kinda shaped like a teardrop i guess
heres a pic of what they look like on the glass, sry its the best i could do lol

creature.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back