filosus,vulgaris,or burryi?

i don't know.im sure its something i did wrong.the main thing is my octo is eating well and showing himself more often,both during the day and at night.unfortunately not long enough for any good pics.any info on the three octos mentioned in the title would be great,more on behavior than discription.thanks

Hummelincki/Filosus has eyespots and gets to be about 3" mantle length, with some webbing but not much, and armspan of 20-24". Vulgaris get big and lack eyespots and usually has a red color to it. I don't have any info on O. Burryi. There should be pics of both O. Vulgaris and O. Hummelinki in the gallery. O. Vulgaris will also have a lot of pictures elsewhere on the internet.

I saw your pictures in the gallery, and i must say from limited time i've been able see my guy it looks very much like yours.but like i said i didnt get close enough to see eyespots.still trying to get pics.

achilles was out last evening,the atinic's were on and he was very well camofloged but i did get a very good look at him and i belive i saw eyespots.as i said he was in full camo so i could be wrong.it was nice to see him out,i had house full of people too.

I dont see achilles much every so often I see him pop his had out but thats about it.he is eating and apparently healthy, so Im still hoping he gets more interactive in the near future.

It takes some time for your octopus to gain confidence and come out more. By the way, I've read that octopuses don't like actinic lights. What sort of lighting do you have?

Nancy

It only took over a month but here iis achilles.sorry for the very poor quality.

Attachments

• conv_292197.jpg
    conv_292197.jpg
    605.2 KB · Views: 97

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back