• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

feeding times

jellyfish

Cuttlefish
Registered
hi everyone
any ideas on how long after hatching is it before bandensis take their first meal??
i have been told some cuttles dont feed for as long as 2 weeks.
any views thanks:smile:

maybe you are right i do see them swimming forward with their tenticles pointing in front and some times they jet forward, but most of the time they blow the food away

well thats good news at last. would it be worth trying to tempt them into eating or will the hunger switch there hunting instinct on. dont wanna lose any thanks:smile:

what food did you offer them?

It can realy take a while. Thats depends on how long the babies stay in the eggs. If the yolk sack is small they need a longer time to start eating. If the sack is big they'll don't need such a long time.

If they start, you can nearly feed them every 6h so they grow fast. My 2" big cuttle eats 5-15 ghost shrimps every day (!!!)

Here is a short video clip on youtube:

hi after a mad day i managed to get hold of some very small ghost shrimps :smile: tried a couple and some cuttles are now feeding :lol: i think it will be a couple of days before the others start as they hatched later thank you all very much for advice .
i will keep you up to date :cheers::cheers:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back