• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

feeding the new guy

scooter

Cuttlefish
Registered
quick question. will a cuttlefish eat until it is full or until all the food is gone? the reason i ask is that it would be easier for me to get alot of feeder shrimp and cycle the tank with that and to let them get a mini-breeding colony started as opposed to getting food everyday. now, i doubt that the shrimp colony would be able to keep up with the cuttle's appetite, but it would help. just wondering, thanks

They seem to eat until they are full, i've had crabs live in the tank with my officinalis for around a week before and have seven adult cuttles in there. They just go every now and again.

Really depends on the ammount and size of your shrimp and the size of your cuttles i'd have thought. COuld you keep them in a sump at all? Do you have a sump? Thats not a bad idea for culturing food, specially copeopds if you want to breed Octos

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back