• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Feeding Octo Baby

Jack

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
Hi all,

I need some advise on what to feed on my octo babies. The eggs started to hatch few days ago. I had been trying to feed them with a variety of food. Because the octo babies are so small (about 3mmX2mm). I found them start eating on baby artemia because the size is appropriate. It is difficult to find live food small as artemia baby. However I had read a passage written by James. B. Wood. He strongly advise us NOT TO USE artemia to feed Octopus and said no positive growth had been recorded by using artemia. Do anyone has experience using Artemia to feed Octo?

Although the eggs are still keep on hatching these few days, I think 20 - 30 % of them was gone. I am so happy today that I can see them to eat artemia babies. You know, at least they start to eat may keep their life longer. I think there are about 30-40 octo babies in the tank now.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back