• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Feeding Bimacs crawfish(crawdads)

Hi
I've had a cuttle from Octopets for about five months now. The first one died within a day but Jim sent another and I only had to pay shipping. He's doing great. I finally have him eating thawed frozen shrimp. He was about 2 inches when I got him and now he's about six. I'm moving him to a bigger tank in two weeks. I got this tank ready in October. He plays peek-a-boo, too. I know it sounds weird but I've actually shown some friends when he does it. It took some time for him to stop inking whenever I came around. I figured out that if I wore a white tee shirt he was calm and if I wore patterns he'd be nervous and dark colors made him ink to high heaven.
He plays in the stream of bubbles from an airstone like it was a sauna. He'll come up to the top of the tank and let me stroke him also. I think of him more like a dog now.
So I'd say he's doing well.

The attachments from Andy's post have been lost in the transfer of boards... just in case you are looking for them

Cheers
Colin

Thanks Colin

I'll post them again now if I can!

[Edit]

The top pic is a CRAYFISH, the second, smaller pic is of a CRAWFISH. Definatly got it right this time... hehe

So which one do you guys have over in the states?

~Andy

Attachments

• conv_287412.jpg
    conv_287412.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 116
  • conv_287413.jpg
    conv_287413.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 69

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back