February POTM Poll

L8 2 RISE

Haliphron Atlanticus
Registered
sorry guys, I know I said I would use the tonmo gallery, but one of two errors appeared, either #1 I'm only aloud 100 characters and the code was too long, or #2 the code didn't show the image... I don't know why though... So I put them onto photobucket and shrunk them 50%... I think it works...?

DWhatley

Certified Ceph Head For Life
Staff member
This month is IMPOSSIBLE - how can I choose the best? They are all stellar!!!!

Well, I made one based on the difficulty of capturing the moment but even that was hard so I had to use a subjective criteria based on octos I wanted to see in the calendar and then I still had problems and had to close my eyes to punch the button. I was surprised to find I was in the current majority. How unlike me! :wink:

monty

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Supporter
dwhatley;133206 said:
This month is IMPOSSIBLE - how can I choose the best? They are all stellar!!!!
I agree... this is doing great for bringing out wonderful pics, but I don't want to reject any of them!

DWhatley

Staff member
cuttlegirl;133264 said:
Hard choice, but I had to vote for the photo that showed the true appetite of an octopus.
I think, subconciously, the impossible task pushed me over the quandry. Must be a "mom" thing. I guess we all know how Sedna is voting :sagrin:

L8 2 RISE

Haliphron Atlanticus
Registered
And the winner is, by a landslide, Gholland, with "The All-You-Can-Eat Mysid Buffet", using his/her Nikon Coolpix 4500 in Norman, OK

DWhatley

Staff member
Great shot of the baby (Liam's are always good to see too :mrgreen: hint, hint) Greg!

L8_2_Rise, do you plan to put all submissions with photographer info in an album (I hope).

L8 2 RISE

Haliphron Atlanticus
Registered
I have all of them on a word document as well as in a file on "my pictures"... I could also set up an album at the end of the year with all of the submissions as well as a calendar of the winners/ top entrants... I'm not getting rid of the pictures as I go, so I'll always have them to do whatever we want to with...

gholland

Haliphron Atlanticus
Supporter
L8 2 RISE;134147 said:
And the winner is, by a landslide, Gholland, with "The All-You-Can-Eat Mysid Buffet", using his Nikon Coolpix 4500 in Norman, OK
w00t! Thanks gang! That little guy was 4 weeks old at the time and running wild in the tank. I used a modified version of Roy's trick (black spatula) for the backdrop and took about 20 photos trying to get him in focus using the manual setting with the red light on. :lol:

So L8, I guess the location should've read something like "Beluga's old tank," instead of "Norman, OK?"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lmmorell

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak

About the Monty Awards