February 09 POTM Submissions

See this thread to find out how this works: Picture of the Month (POTM) "Rules and Regulations"

Note: a lot of changes have been made (listed at bottom of article) so you may want to review it again even if you have already.

Topic: Eating (any cephalopod that is eating, catching food, etc.)
One submission per person. Submissions MUST BE MADE by February 15, 2009.

All submissions should include:
Picture Title:________________
Camera Used:_______________
TONMO.com Username:________________

I would appreciate it if all submissions are e-mailed to tonmophotos"AT"gmail"DOT"com in order for me to keep everything organized.

Can we post our failed attempts for submission here?:sagrin:

I have one on hold but am trying for something better. I have posted some of my not for prime time photos on OhToo's journal so the contest helps me concentrate on a subject for practice. :biggrin2:

Taollan;132820 said:
I would... but eating is kinda a narrow topic, especially for someone who takes all their best photos in the wild (research tanks aren't that attractive).

I'm always open to suggestions on topic idea's...

dwhatley;132821 said:
Can we post our failed attempts for submission here?:sagrin:

I have one on hold but am trying for something better. I have posted some of my not for prime time photos on OhToo's journal so the contest helps me concentrate on a subject for practice. :biggrin2:

lol :biggrin2:, I'm not gonna stop you posting:wink:

Sleepy Head:sagrin:

It might be helpful to post the subject a month in advance. By posting topics for the current month it limits the phototography sessions to 2 weeks and then submission at the deadline. If the topic for the next month is released early, you might get submissions before the last minute (maybe :roll:).

Post the next topic when the voting starts for the current topic maybe.
Also, I think you should post or send an email that you received submissions, but more importantly why aren't we just posting them to this thread? It seems bb software was written to do exactly things like this, but now we are doing email instead. Maybe there is a compelling reason, but it escapes me. :biggrin2:

Thales;132837 said:
Post the next topic when the voting starts for the current topic maybe.
Also, I think you should post or send an email that you received submissions, but more importantly why aren't we just posting them to this thread? It seems bb software was written to do exactly things like this, but now we are doing email instead. Maybe there is a compelling reason, but it escapes me. :biggrin2:

Anonymity. Not that the tanks or surrounding areas or even animals included in the photographs won't be giveaways in some cases.

Thales;132841 said:
Someone fill me in - why do we care about anonymity?

Because you have waaaay more groupies than I do students! Probably doesn't matter because I'm sure you tell your groupies which picture you submitted anyway! :sagrin:

With only one submission allowed, I'm always going to hold out until the end.

Next month's topic: Wild cephs?

Groupies? Ha! If you only knew...

In many photo contests I have voted for photos other than mine because they were better because I always think they are photo contests rather than popularity contests (which I always lose anyway!) :biggrin2:

I think that the real reason is that any contest has to have some kind of rules and the contest organizer gets the abuse for trying to equalize the playing field.

gholland;132849 said:
Because you have waaaay more groupies than I do students!

You get your STUDENTS to vote :confused: How many bonus points? How many for picking the right photo?:sagrin:

gholland;132849 said:
Next month's topic: Wild cephs?

Have you a particularly strange intank photo in mind:shock:? I have already posted my only sighting! Great topic for the calendar though even with limited submissions!!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back