Family Tree of Cephalopods (with Smilies!)

Did mosquitos invent or obtain self contained underwater breathing apparatus? Or did they just use Mosquito boats to get to the prey items? Hmmmm.....

Respect Phil, major respect! :notworth: :roflmao:

Oh, and Greg, newly purchased (99 Cents on e-bay) Chinese mosquito fossils clearly show a sub-marine variety of mosquito having existed in the pre-Noahian :smile:

i was about to say the same thing... also ive determined the island in the middle of nowhere we need to use for the theme park... now that skull island has been rediscovered by movie makers we can use it and it will already have the jurrasic park dinosaurs in it!!! now to just find some stupid people to write off on our theme park so the lawyers dont shut us down

joefish84 said:
i was about to say the same thing... also ive determined the island in the middle of nowhere we need to use for the theme park... now that skull island has been rediscovered by movie makers we can use it and it will already have the jurrasic park dinosaurs in it!!! now to just find some stupid people to write off on our theme park so the lawyers dont shut us down
We'll just declare skull island a sovereign nation and the lawyers can't touch us. A constitutional monarchy with Cthulhu as our King.
Long live the Ceph Republic! Ia! Ia! Ia!

Swarvegorilla said:
those STOP hand motions by god to mark extinction is pure genius.

Thanks, glad you liked it, Swarvegorilla. I got a bit carried away in Version 3.

Perhaps the Almighty got bored with belemnites. After intelligently guiding their design for 140 million years or so, He decided His time had been wasted on these little cephalopods and put an end to them with a whopping great meteorite and a few volcanoes. Obviously He favoured the incredibly similar teuthids and octopods which did not offend Him as the belemnites had done.

Sounds like a sensible and productive use of time to me, poor things.

:shock:

Thanks Cherry, most kind. There should be an awful lot of question marks in the coleoid side, especially around the cuttlefish/squid area.

Well, thanks a lot Phil. You just made me want to get myself a book on invertebrate paleontology. Anyone interested in taking a graduate student on the more tentacly aspects of paleontology?:madsci:

Have a look at ENK Clarkson's Invertebrate Palaeontology and Evolution (4th ed), quite technical, but certainly worth the money. Also Neale Monks and Phil Palmer published a very readable book called, appropriately, Ammonites in 2002. Either/both of these should get you started!

Good luck sir!

Thanks Graeme! I had forgotten all about this thread to tell the truth. It's funny how things rear up from the past at you sometimes.

Apparently this week it's been featured in Pharyngula much to my shock!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back