Family Tree of Cephalopods (with Smilies!)

We now have an historical look at the evolution of the geologic time scale. Starting with Phils second chart (originally published about 50 A.D.? or for the masses after the Guttenburg press c.1436). See here (PDF), for the years 1759-2004. To Phils first chart. It seems to correspond well with advancements in all the other sciences and medicine. Fascinating :smile:

Thanks again Phil :notworth:

So the Tertiary has gone??? Damn!

That's fascinating Architeuthoceras, thanks for posting it. I note that no one messes with the Triassic, Jurassic and Cretaceous since Lyell updated himself in 1872, too right, that's Dino country.

When did the PreCambrian get all split up?

Wow things sure have changed since I took a school assembly at the age of eight on the subject of Dinosaurs, (1981 I guess), the paper I submitted (Allosaurous had bigger feet than our headmaster, Mr. Conolley) will be totally out of date!

OK, I have complete a little revision work on the ID version and added columns for Beasts, Geology and History.

Attachments

• conv_288337.png
    conv_288337.png
    191.9 KB · Views: 82
Phil, please don't improve on that one, or I'll be killed by laughter. I haven't been able to breathe properly for the last ten minutes.

:notworth:

See, now I think that picture you made is someone pretending to be a god. If this being was an engineer, he'd have a graphing calculator, cool goggles, and a huge wrench.

And are you accusing Noah of trawling all the ammonites? I mean, five people couldn't have eaten the entire world supply...

Oh, wait... I get it now!! How could I have had it all wrong? Paleontologists had it spelled incorrectly....

MOSES-saurs!!

Well, THAT question is answered... Where's my PhD. ? :grad:

John

tonmo said:
:notworth:

...coming soon to an enhanced smilies menu near you...
Finally did this, thanks to help from Um....

Thanks Phil -- these are awesome!

(I also finally resized the smilies pop-up window so they're much more accessible).

:heteromor :spirula: :prolecani :ceratite: :plectrono :argonaut: :octopus2: :earlynaut :pohlsepia :aulacocer :tusoteuth :vampyromo

next step is to find some mosquitos that bit these creatures before they died, extract dna and create living organisms from that. then we need to create some theme park on an island!!! we can call it cephalopark!!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back