Everybody wants to know what Putin thinks about Cthulhu

Wrong yet again! The Cult of Cthulhu is directly behind all of this mess... once they have the mass media under control, combined with televangilists, there will be nothing to stop them from destroying the Gnomes of Zurich, the Bermuda Triangle Organization, AND the UFO Conspiracy Group. :shock:

We are looking at the end as we know it my friends! Might as well prostrate yourself in front of the Pacific Ocean and wait for The Great One to arise from the depths... this of course to the song Call of Kthulhu done by Metallica. :cyclops:

chrono_war01 said:
Hm...a Communist Gundam, can we paint it red with a yellow hammer and anvil on it's arms? t would look cool to duke it out with the Capitalist Gundams (painted in green and looking like money of couse.)

you could just have a Zaku for the Capitalists. It's green already:biggrin2: Just paint either a big $ or £ on it. Or whatever.:lol:

ravenschild said:
I'm sure leaders in Switzerland never get questions like these.
I dunno, I hear that Switzerland has a very powerful navy. Well, a navy anyway. I wish that was just a joke.

Graeme

I'm sorry, any true Cthulhu anthem would a a big-brass mid-Sixties Vegas-style number performed by Tom Jones. Cthulhu loves lounge singers. Metallica would've been fine if they had used spellcheck prior to unleashing their instrumental song.:cthulhu:

Here is a piece of press concerning this matter. Quite serious press, The St. Petersburg Times. It is English, so enjoy The. St. Petersburg Times - Личности беларуси

a quote
...Asked about the possible awakening of the giant mythical octopus Cthulhu, the fourth-most popular question among the more than 150,000 sent to Putin, he said that he believed something more serious was behind the question. Cthulhu was invented by novelist H.P. Lovecraft and was said to be sleeping beneath the Pacific Ocean.

Putin said he viewed mysterious forces with suspicion and advised those who took them seriously to read the Bible, Koran or other religious books...

What have we learned

1) Putin seems aware of Chthulhu Mythos

2) Putin considers the Mythos at the very least comparable in importance (and thus close to) the mainstream religious materials, because when one suggests that Koran or Bible is better that Mythos, he actualy claims all of them to be at least of the same nature, and thus comparable (a stance no atheist would argue, for sure :wink: )

3) Putin states mainstream religious material to be favourable compared to the Chthulhu mythos, though he does not elaborate on how, why and for whom are Bible and Koran favourable (maybe the Cult of Chthulhu, if they seek to keep a low profile and need props to distract public attention, eh? :smile: )

4) Chthulhu is serious enough to arouse suspicion in the President of Russia (a nuclear superpower and a leading oil exporter, may I humbly remind)

5) The President of Russia does not explain what exactly does he suspect and what exactly is the cause of his distrustfull attitude towards Chthulhu and other "mysterious forces" (whoever that forces may be...)

Possible conclusions may be either

a) Damn, this thing beggs for some related CoC settings and other stuff! Call Chaosium! Party! :cheers: :glass: :party:

or

b) Ia! Ia! The Stars will soon be Right! Ia Chthulhu! Ia Putin! Party! :cheers: :glass: :party:

depending on your belief system.

P.S.: Note that both conclusions share a common part. Thus, no matter what we believe, lets party, yeah! :cool2:

chrono_war01 said:
Hm...a Communist Gundam, can we paint it red with a yellow hammer and anvil on it's arms? t would look cool to duke it out with the Capitalist Gundams (painted in green and looking like money of couse.)

Opps, I meant sickle.

I'm sorry, any true Cthulhu anthem would a a big-brass mid-Sixties Vegas-style number performed by Tom Jones.Cthulhu loves lounge singers.

Sure thing. Chthulhu will drive Tom Jones mad and eat him before any of us, right after the music stops. (see Cthulhu and Christ – Armed and Dangerous )

Everybody loves lounge singers, it is just a matter of culinary skill.

Metallica would've been fine if they had used spellcheck prior to unleashing their instrumental song.

My-oh my, they didn't spellcheck it? I knew something was not okay with it, I knew it :smile: !

Oh. and in case anyone is interested, here is a site that boasts having that very conference fragment http://www.radiomayak.ru/interview/06/07/06/52164-audio.html

it is Russian, off course. Anyway, in case someone here keeps an archive of all internet funny stuff...

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back