Eric's market adventure(s)

No, adequate ventilation and nitrile gloves should be fine for you, especially for the very small quantity you'd need. It's only when one observes the Squid Master up to his bare elbows in a big vat of it, :hmm: blinking tears out of his stinging eyes, that one begins to worry...

Formalin? pah!
Nothing beats the way it unblocks your sinuses :wink:

Last time i asked, i was told that it's not carcinogenic but mutagenic.... still waiting for the scales to grow on my hands ... *grumbles* false advertisement that :evil:

TPOTH

Tintenfisch said:
No, adequate ventilation and nitrile gloves should be fine for you, especially for the very small quantity you'd need. It's only when one observes the Squid Master up to his bare elbows in a big vat of it, :hmm: blinking tears out of his stinging eyes, that one begins to worry...

Just out of curiosity, are nitrile gloves, rather than latex or rubber, important (perhaps it turns latex into goo?) Not that I plan on preserving any squids in the near future, but it seems useful to know...

Yay! I have some saline formalin solution from my mom who got it from some other person that I don't know. It says it's a 10% concentration. Now I only need the gloves, how do I auquire the gloves? And how do I pronouce that N-word?

My Mom forced me to write that she is beautiful and mysterious :roll: Asian (Chinese, Hong Kong) Women who knows how to cook Fried Rice. :roll:

hehehe was that the payment for your mum for getting the formalin solution? :wink:

chrono_war01 said:
My Mom forced me to write that she is beautiful and mysterious :roll: Asian (Chinese, Hong Kong) Women who knows how to cook Fried Rice. :roll:

And I have no doubt that she is everything that she says, and more! You tell your mom that I think that she is the coolest of the cool!

My mom : He (Dr. SOS) is such a gentleman, how much does he earn? Is he handsome? Is he single?

However, the questions were meant to be a joke since my mom is obviously married (hence me) and she's just interested in how much being a MB pays since she wants to know how much of an "investment" I am. :lol:

Oh my word. Well, to be honest (I hope TTF isn't following this thread), I am absolutely drop-dead gorgeous, have a flawless complexion, am 6 foot 3, am super handsome, faultless, and have absolutely no vices .... But that would be telling a porky (and my name is not Owen) ....

For others, I just called Eric and had a wee chat with him. Eric, you have to tell your mum that I am not house trained, I'm not even potty trained, that I don't work regular hours, that I'm a very difficult fellow to live with (because of the hours I work), that I pour all of my money back into my science (much to the frustration of my wife, Shoba), and that MB doesn't pay a lot (although I am comfortable). It's not about money - it's about happiness, challenges, and the rewards that this profession has to offer.

Your mom is still the coolest.

That's exactly what I said to mom. She dropped dead when she heard that MB's don't pay much though.
And she pointed out something I never noticed, in Hong Kong, we eat fish balls (no, not 'that kind.), which is actually fried fish paste in the shape of a ball. And the fish we usually make them are by-catchs, rejects and fish that people don't usually eat, such as stong rays, morays and sharks. Not the best thing to the enviroment, but hey, at least we're eating it. :wink:

Steve O'Shea said:
(I hope TTF isn't following this thread)

:twisted:

Steve O'Shea said:
I am absolutely drop-dead gorgeous, have a flawless complexion, am 6 foot 3, am super handsome, faultless, and have absolutely no vices...

:shock: So I'm doing my PhD under the supervision of your evil (fraternal) twin, or what?

Steve O'Shea said:
Eric, you have to tell your mum that I am not house trained, I'm not even potty trained, that I don't work regular hours, that I'm a very difficult fellow to live with (because of the hours I work), that I pour all of my money back into my science (much to the frustration of my wife, Shoba), and that MB doesn't pay a lot (although I am comfortable). It's not about money - it's about happiness, challenges, and the rewards that this profession has to offer.

That's all true, so we won't call you Owen yet. :wink:

Steve O'Shea said:
...I am absolutely drop-dead gorgeous, have a flawless complexion, am 6 foot 3, am super handsome, faultless, and have absolutely no vices... Your mom is still the coolest.

Who's the coolest?

Attachments

• conv_288088.jpg
    conv_288088.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 66

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back