• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

emergency? i dont know.

Good idea,
I'm not sure of the resolution of our hobby test kits, and their ability to detect minute amounts, but maybe a lab in your area (the type that tests home use water) may be able to test accurately for you. It wouldn't hurt to ask and cost should be relatively low, like < $40.

Please do and keep us updated. I would think a lot of people would be interested in what you find.

One other thing... I personally believe that having multipule systems connected to the same filtration is a bad idea. Like you have just learned, we put things in other tanks that we would never put in our ceph tanks. You might think about splitting up the systems and running them on different filters.

One other thing... If you cant find a lab to do the tests, I went to hanna instruments and looked for something that tests for copper. They had 3 but I didnt look at them to closely.

Heres the link http://www.hannainst.com/usa/search_results.cfm
You might want to call and find out which one you need.
Thats probably something we should all invest in.

the one designed for aquarium use comes with two ranges, the lowest measuring from 0.00-0.25 in 0.05mg/L increments. if thats accurate, it would be just what we need to test. come to think of it, im going to check the local store and see what they have, and if not that or something equivalent, im ordering the hanna kit. thanks again for helping me think about this.

rryyddeerr;156092 said:
the one designed for aquarium use comes with two ranges, the lowest measuring from 0.00-0.25 in 0.05mg/L increments. if thats accurate, it would be just what we need to test. come to think of it, im going to check the local store and see what they have, and if not that or something equivalent, im ordering the hanna kit. thanks again for helping me think about this.

No problem, and please let us know what you find. I hope everything works out for you and your system.

Just got off the phone with a rep for Easy Meters.com, who spoke to someone at Hanna who said their test kits for copper have never been tested for saltwater. off to find someone to test for me.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back